Register of Deeds


ATTENTION!  The Anson County Government Center Building has lifted the mask requirement to enter.  However, the county will requiring a normal temperature reading before being allowed into the building.  Also, the maximum number of customers allowed in my office at one time is 5.

Please call 704-994-3208 or 704-994-3209 or 704-994-3210 with any questions.



The services we offer to the professional community and the general public include the recording of various legal documents such as Deeds, Deeds of Trust and Plat and the filing of financial statements and personal property records under the Uniform Commercial Code.  We also record and issue vital records, such as, birth, death and marriage certificates as well as issuing marriage licenses.

Identification Verification

You can order birth, death and marriage certificates online.  Anson County Register of Deeds is concerned about your identity. To protect our community, the online system will perform an identification verification based on the information provided on the online application. You will be asked to answer personal knowledge questions so that we can be assured that we are sending vital records to the appropriate location.

Marriage Licenses

A marriage license may be obtained from any county in the state. A marriage license issued in the State of North Carolina is valid only for weddings taking place in North Carolina. The cost of a marriage license is $60 cash. We cannot process a marriage license request after 4 p.m.

New: Click here to use our new online Marriage Application.  

Marriage License Worksheet

This office has a marriage license worksheet (PDF) that we prefer you pick up, fill in and return a few days before you want to get your license. Anyone can pick up this worksheet for you, or we can email a copy to you or one can be downloaded. Fill in and return the worksheet before needing to pick up the license.  The worksheet can be completed in the office but be prepared for a short wait. There is also a marriage license kiosk available in the Register of Deeds Office for your convenience. 


What to Bring

Both parties must come into the office to sign the marriage license. Both must bring with them a valid picture Identification Card (ID), such as a drivers license, and their social security card. If you do not have a social security card, please call this office to see what other information is acceptable. If either or both parties have been married previously, proof of how previous marriage ended must be provided:

  • Annulment paper
  • Death certificate
  • Divorce order

Contact Us

For more information call our Vital Records desk at 704-994-3210.

Vital Statistics

By law, anyone can obtain a photo copy of any vital record. A photo copy cost $0.25 per page. Only certain family members can obtain a certified copy of a birth, marriage or death certificate. You can obtain a certified record for the following people besides yourself:

  • Your children
  • Your grandchildren
  • Your grandparents
  • Your parents
  • Your siblings
  • Your spouse

Request Records

A request for a vital record may be made in person, by mail or downloaded. If making the request in person, you must be able to produce a valid driver’s license or picture ID of yourself. A certified copy of a birth, marriage or death certificate cost $10 cash.

We only have vital records for people who were born or died in Anson County or whose marriage license was issued in Anson County. Our birth and death records start in October 1913 and our marriage records go back to 1870.

Contact Us

For more information, call our Vital Records desk at 704-994-3210.


Delinquent Property Taxes

On January 05, 2009 the Anson County Board of Commissioners passed a resolution requiring that all delinquent real property taxes must be paid on the parcel being recorded in the Register of Deeds Office. The tax certification is on the real estate conveyance form (DOC) which must be completed and accompany all deeds, except timber deeds, recorded in this office.